Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Here's the power of being creative!

An unknown singer in London England has signed a huge record deal after staging webcam gigs from her basement.

Sandi Thom was signed to RCA/SonyBMG after they saw her show on the net. Sandi did the Twenty One Nights From Tooting tour from the basement of her London apartment.

She says she got the idea from Sir Paul McCartney.

According to The Sun she said: "I studied at Paul's Liverpool Institute Of Performing Arts. I asked for his advice and he told me to keep it simple. You can't get more simple than performing in your own basement.”

Just 70 viewers tuned into her first gig on her opening night on the web on February 24. But rumors of her gigs spread and by the middle of her "tour" the crowd had swollen to an amazing 70,000 per performance.

A single, I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker, is due out on May 22nd and her album, Smile It Confuses People, on June 5th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home